Sorry it took me a little bit to respond. My primarily internet source is my Droid, and using tumblr on it can be pretty tedious. I also wanted to give your question a little thought because, frankly, I wasn’t sure what the hell I was up to at that moment. For a moment I thought, “Hm, I am a rubbish magician!” But here’s what I’ve been working on.
- I’m actually busy with school studying both psychology and religion. It’s hilarious in a way, and both disciplines are the same and two completely different animals at the same time. They also coincide fairly well with the magician schtick. It also fulfills my need to wear many many hats.
- Because I’m a bit cramped with the academics, I have a ten-book list that I’m in the process of reading/re-reading to reacquaint myself with particular topics in magick and the like.
- I’m also tackling Jason Miller’s Strategic Sorcery bootcamp. I actually started last year about this time and got distracted because of other things creeping up in life. A poor excuse, yes, but oh well. I’ve read Jason’s blog for a while beforehand, read his book on Protection Magick (the only book out at the time), and thought, “Why the hell not?” Jason’s not all that big with the chaos magic thing, but a lot of his methodologies line up with that stuff pretty well. Good material.
- I’m also studying some astrology. I know that the general view of astrology in the realm of chaos is “meh,” but I believe that was more of a retaliation against the 1970’s general astrological frame of mind. No one does or should like that shit. Austin Coppock is also the shit, and hails from the same abysmal part of Ohio from which I emerged.
- I’m also working on a new public face. Slow process. Tedious. But gets the people right in line with me. I suppose more on that as I get nearer to completion.